[OpenIndiana-discuss] [developer] HBA recommended except LSI and ARECA

Fred Liu fred.fliu at gmail.com
Mon May 5 16:01:24 UTC 2014

Laurent Blume <laurent+oi at elanor.org>于2014年5月5日星期一写道:

> Le 2014/05/05 17:22 +0200, Fred Liu a écrit:
>
>> [Fred]: I also heard of this HBA. It has 4 ports as max and very limited
>>> bus bandwidth
>>>

> Well, hey, consumer! :-)

[Fred]: hrrrrr, I agree! :-)

>  [Fred]: you have good luck! :-)
>>

> 哈哈,真的很好运阿!

[Fred]: 哇,你能写中文啊!Wow, you can write in chinese!cool!

> I did have issues, the usual failing disks and stuff, but there's been no
> datalose, and nothing unexpected, I've done firmware upgrades on cards and
> disks with relative ease, so I'm good.
>
> As supported in the Solaris world for a prosumer use, I'd say the LSI SAS2
> devices are amongst the best ROI those days. And seriously, if you plan to
> connect 8 drives there, the cost of one HBA card is not much compared to
> the disks, the enclosure, the cables...

[Fred]: That is true. One trick is possibly checking the compatibility list
from LSI to see if there are *consumer* sata drives. But stability
improvement from refreshing firmware is
filesystem-agnostic. ZFS is still picky on them.