[OpenIndiana-discuss] Mouse freezes in hipster (under vbox)

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue May 6 03:00:11 UTC 2014

Hi, I have a hipster installation last updated a couple of weeks ago which runs as a virtualbox 4.3.10 vm under a windows host with seamless windows integration and clipboard sharing.
>From the OI/Hipster GUI i mostly use terminals and firefox, and occasionally all of the hipster gui (terminals, browser, panels, desktop if switched back from seamless) stops responding to the mouse and the cursor does not do context changes (i.e. remains a vertical bar for text entry wherever i hover it). The last active window remains the only one accessible.
The situation clears if i kill some of the open windows (not always the offender is that most-recent active one) - then the mouse works again for the remaining windows, and the panel can be used to launch new ones again. But this is overall quite annoying and disruptive to work ;(

I've tested that killing a vbox process for clipboard sharing does not help.

Has anyone seen this behavior, in-virto or on hardware? Any ideas how to debug? (Nothing apparent in system or xorg logs).

Thanks,
Jim Klimov
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android