[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana on a Samsung NC10 Netbook - Issues

Discussion list for OpenIndiana openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org
Mon May 12 06:07:11 UTC 2014

11 мая 2014 г. 18:03:06 CEST, Discussion list for OpenIndiana <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> пишет:
>I managed to get OI installed on it. Gnome/Xserver does not work
>properly, same for Wifi.
>Ethernet is quite flaky. It's a start so the bug hunting begins.
>
>On another note I installed OI in VirtualBox on a MacBook Pro (2.4GHz
>i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD) and
>out of the box it works very well. I built illumos-gate in a zone in
>171minutes which is not
>bad.
>

>On Fri, May 09, 2014 at 12:26:04PM +0100, Discussion list for
>OpenIndiana wrote:
>> Perfect, found it. Thanks guys. Much appreciated. I should have
>search
>> harder.
>>

>> On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 12:25 PM, Discussion list for OpenIndiana <
>> openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> wrote:
>>
>> > the text-install is in Downloads under "OpenIndiana for servers"
>though.
>> > It installs a text-only OS, although you can add packages later ...
>> >
>> > Jon

>ground. Was

>IMK-ASF-SAT
>http://www.kit.edu
>F:-926026

Regarding ethernet, you might give a spin to The Free Ethernet drivers for Solaris project (i'm off the net and uncertain about the name now). In particular, they had an alternative realtek (gani vs. stock rge) driver which was better on my notebook. The driver author did not mind if his collection was imported into illumos, and that might be a nice starter project - even if more about packaging than programming.
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android