[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana on a Samsung NC10 Netbook - Issues

Discussion list for OpenIndiana openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org
Mon May 12 15:41:10 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 08:07:11AM +0200, Discussion list for OpenIndiana wrote:
> Regarding ethernet, you might give a spin to The Free Ethernet drivers for Solaris project (i'm off the net and uncertain about the name now). In particular, they had an alternative realtek (gani vs. stock rge) driver which was better on my notebook. The driver author did not mind if his collection was imported into illumos, and that might be a nice starter project - even if more about packaging than programming.
> --
> Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android

I found this site http://homepage2.nifty.com/mrym3/taiyodo/eng/ which I think is
what you mean. To repackage for OpenIndiana do you mean creating an IPS package?
I'm not familiar with how Illumos uses drivers, I'm more familiar with the Linux
way of driver development.

Also for creating IPS packages is this document the one that you guys follow:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/servers-storage-admin/o11-097-create-pkg-ips-524496.html

Who would take care of the publishing afterwards? I would like to package the
cloc Perl script and make it available to install using the OpenIndiana IPS
repos.