[OpenIndiana-discuss] "Discussion list for OpenIndiana"

Discussion list for OpenIndiana openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org
Wed May 14 11:24:31 UTC 2014

It looks like, about a week ago, something was changed on the server that makes all messages say they're from "Discussion list for OpenIndiana" instead of saying who they're from.

Would it be possible, pretty please, to put it back?

If the desire is to filter messages, there's already the [OpenIndiana-discuss] tag in the subject that makes it easy to filter.

If the goal is to improve something like SPF compatibility - I can perhaps help find this setting - but other mailing lists that I participate on say "From somelist at someorg.org<mailto:somelist at someorg.org> on behalf of Joe User <joeuser at joesdomain.com>" and that works very well.  Because it doesn't get classified as a SPF fail, yet the From and Reply To fields get properly populated, and the mail client (I'm using Outlook) display the From properly...

If the goal is something else ... What is the goal?

Thanks...