[OpenIndiana-discuss] "Discussion list for OpenIndiana"

Discussion list for OpenIndiana openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org
Wed May 14 15:17:56 UTC 2014

On 05/14/14 03:38 PM, Discussion list for OpenIndiana wrote:
> The reason for the change is the yahoo DMARC policy change which results in anyone using yahoo for mail to get bounced.  So changing it back excludes anyone using yahoo from participating.  Every mailing list has been similarly affected.  It's just a matter of time before gmail and others follow yahoo.
>
> I have suggested changes to the rewriting of the "From:" line similar to what the Illumos lists are doing i.e. "Joe User via OpenIndiana-Discuss at OpenIndiana.org" <.OpenIndiana-Discuss at OpenIndiana.org>.   However there has been no response from the mailing list admins.
>
> Reg
Let Yahoo users change mail provider and/or complain to Yahoo itself for
changes.

I am not sure if i understood everything right, but if Yahoo changed
something, that is Yahoo's problem , not the problem of mailing lists
settings.

I am not going to accept not viewing mail addresses (so I can
communicate directly if I want to)  to people on the mailing list
(except freenode's borked archives are broken in that way, too)
for just some mailbox company deciding for their users and scr* up
mailing lists.

Let them abandon Yahoo and use other mail addresses or let Yahoo fix that.
And same goes for Gmail - I will abandon it if it interferes with my
free communication.
(Even from before I have enough headache with Google mail that is not
sending me back my messages I mail to the list)

Btw, it needs to be decided on admin level what to do, we want our list
like it was,
I don't think just rewriting From: is the solution, mailing lists are
not made to be destroyed by any mail provider.

Nikola M.