[OpenIndiana-discuss] [developer] HBA recommended except LSI and ARECA

Discussion list for OpenIndiana openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org
Tue May 20 16:15:06 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 10:30:13PM +0800, Zhiwen Zheng wrote:

> I tried to add suport for adaptec 6805H following the linux pm8001 driver.

Before I read the patch, I need to know whether you cut and pasted even
a single line of code from the Linux driver.  In general, you really
want to do work like this from a PRM or from a BSD driver, never Linux.

> It seems to access mpi configuration table, BAR4(PMCS_REGSET_2 in pmcs
> terms) should be used,
> instead of BAR5(PMCS_REGSET_3) currently used in pmcs.

So are you making this model-specific somehow?  Because otherwise you'll
presumably break the existing devices.