[OpenIndiana-discuss] [oi-dev] F*ck Yahoo, AOL get us back our mailing lists

Discussion list for OpenIndiana openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org
Thu May 22 17:58:03 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 8:48 PM, OpenIndiana Developer mailing list <
oi-dev at openindiana.org> wrote:

> I don't f care about Yahoo and AOL mail settings,
> we now have mailing list where Noone can se who is posting what message!
>
> I got under impression, that thing got fixed back. But I see again new
> massages posted from Who knows who, because we dont'have FROM header
> anymore!
> This will KILL mailing lists and we must refuse this stupidity at least on
> our mailing lists.
>
> People at Yahoo and AOL, make new accounts and re-subscribe.
> Same goes also for me if Gmail goes that way,
> let's have our mailing lists back!
>
> Let's BOUNCE Yahoo and AOL and have mailing list for normal mail providers.

I think they're doing the right thing -> Telling receivers to _not_ accept
mails that don't originate from their domain. However, there was a
discussion earlier that covered how this breaks behavior for mailing lists.
Here are some FAQs by Yahoo on this: http://www.dmarc.org/faq.html#s_3

I'm still reading through it, but I've never administered a mailing list,
so I'm a newbie on this topic.

-- RAm