[OpenIndiana-discuss] mount ntfs usb drive

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Tue May 27 14:37:04 UTC 2014

Евгений Парфенов wrote:
> im confused a little bit...who is right?
> Nikola says that it some bug in package manager...ntfs-3g is in
> repository but i cant find it because im doing like that "pkg search
> ntfs-3g" and i have to use "-r" option to find ntfs-3g package.
> But Jean-Pierre says that problem in fuse and his right (just take a
> look at dump) and he says that the link that i followed is right but its
> third party or im not right?

You may indeed think of me as third party, and if you
find a better fuse kernel module, please tell me, I
have long sought for help.

> So Jean-Pierre yeah i see source code there but i didnt find gcc in
> repository so i cant build it. What you can advise?

Why do you not use the ready-to-install pkg ? The
install procedure is documented on the same page.

I cannot provide help for compiling (I have never tried
compiling on OpenIndiana), but you should only have to
compile the five source files and link them as an object
(not as an executable : use "ld -r").