[OpenIndiana-discuss] rpool mirror moving to another ports

Brogyányi József brogyi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 21:23:03 UTC 2014

Hi Nikola

"/if first disk fails or get removed, I would expect system to boot
right away from second device that is on rpool/? "

-*You're right. I tried it*.

"/So if one has mirrored rpool and boot device fails,/..."

-*The system is starting with one rpool device (any of them). Nothing to
do*. Just you have to change the bad drive and make a working rpool mirror.
If you have enough experience then you use the "hot swap". The service
is working meanwhile you make a new rpool mirror.
Your server is unstoppable. :)
BR
Brogyi

ps
Jim can explain the whole process on your language. Maybe you did it.