[OpenIndiana-discuss] Where Do I Get Source To Pic? ; Mona Eyes

jay at m5.chicago.il.us jay at m5.chicago.il.us
Sun Nov 9 03:13:49 UTC 2014

Centuries ago, Nostradamus predicted that Andrew Gabriel would write on Sat Nov  8 12:30:47 2014:

> I looked around a bit further, and found that AT&T have opensourced
> their last unix system V version:
>
> http://www2.research.att.com/~astopen/cgi-bin/download.cgi?action=intro
> and select dwb

Thank you for this link.  I obtained pic from it, and it is now
working to my satisfaction.

I am also thankful to an earlier poster who recommended the GNU pic.
I did not try that; it might have worked, but I know from experience
that GNU tbl is useless with non-GNU troff, so my first attempt was to
locate the original pic, not a GNU rewrite.

(As long as we are walking down memory lane -- did anyone ever port
Mona Eyes to the X window system?  It's the application that I miss
the most from NeWS, a fine windowing system that was -- and still is
-- superior to X, but which, alas, never succeeded in the marketplace,
for unknown and mysterious reasons.)

                        Jay F. Shachter
                        6424 N Whipple St
                        Chicago IL  60645-4111
                                (1-773)7613784   landline
                                (1-410)9964737   GoogleVoice
                                jay at m5.chicago.il.us
                                http://m5.chicago.il.us

                        "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"