[OpenIndiana-discuss] Process to install tape changer?

Kurt Richman krichman at environcorp.com
Tue Oct 7 23:42:05 UTC 2014

I have a Dell PowerVault TL2000 tape library which I'd like to connect directly to our OpenIndiana server. The drives on the TL2000 are connected via SAS and show show up under /dev/rmt/, but I'm not sure how to add the Tape changer.

# mt -f /dev/rmt/0 status
IBM     ULT3580-HH4      tape drive:
   sense key(0x0)= No Additional Sense   residual= 0   retries= 0
   file no= 0   block no= 0

# mt -f /dev/rmt/0 config
"IBM     ULT3580-HH4", "IBM     ULT3580-HH4     ", "CFGIBMULT3580HH4";
CFGIBMULT3580HH4 = 2,0x3B,0,0x1018619,4,0x44,0x44,0x46,0x46,3,60,1920,780,19980,1020,1020,19200;

Do I need to modify /kernel/drv/sgen.conf and add a changer? I tried to use add_drv as the sgen.conf file suggests, but sgen was already in use (even though everything is commented out in the sgen.conf file).

# add_drv -i "'IBM     ULT3580-HH4' 'IBM     ULT3580-HH4     ' 'CFGIBMULT3580HH4'" sgen
("sgen") already in use as a driver or alias.

Is there something I'm missing? Thank you for your help,

-Kurt

This message contains information that may be confidential, privileged or otherwise protected by law from disclosure. It is intended for the exclusive use of the Addressee(s). Unless you are the addressee or authorized agent of the addressee, you may not review, copy, distribute or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained within. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender by electronic reply to email at environcorp.com and immediately delete all copies of the message.