[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sendmail on oi 151_a9

openindiana at out-side.nl openindiana at out-side.nl
Sun Oct 12 20:47:31 UTC 2014

I don't know why you want to change sendmail.mc, but the way i usually try to tackle these things:
1. try to search for solaris 10 + sendmail.mc on google
2. install webmin and use that for altering settings.

It is a poor man's solution I know.

I want a good mailserver you could look at communigate. It support solaris and works as a charm on OI.
Small installations of communigate are free.
I don't have commercial interests in this software, but I was very happily surprised with secure IMAP and mobile device support.

If you want to use OI as a mailserver I would suggest you install this mailserver in a zone. If you run into trouble by hackers or other things you can shut down the zone without need to shut down the whole server.