[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sendmail on oi 151_a9

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sun Oct 12 19:25:26 UTC 2014

Setup: openindiana 151_a9 (A solaris offshoot) on HP xw8600 2x xeon
     5470 - 32 GB ram.  Single user machine on home lan.  Usage is as
     zfs server and nfs server.  Home lan machines are all with fake
     fqdn HOST.local.lan.  Its all very small potatoes.

I'm now thinking of turning lan mail chores over to this server as
well.

I've set up sendmail many times in linux env.  Usually with quite a
lot of help from maillists etc.  But have some idea how to do that.

The extremely brief sendmail.mc on stock install and update to 151_a9
leaves me pondering how to add the things I need to get it working.

I no longer have any my old sendmail.mc configs available.

I used a smart_host using /etc/mail/authinfo / authinfo.db for
authentication with smarthost and have made it work in linux env.

I hoped someone in an at least vaguely similar env (but on OI), could
show a sample sendmail.mc that would give me a big leg up.

I don't really want to start tinkering until I can get a vm with oi
guest setup for testing config  then figured I'd transfer a working
config to my server.