[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sendmail on oi 151_a9

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Mon Oct 13 15:30:10 UTC 2014

Gary Mills <gary_mills at fastmail.fm> writes:

> On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 03:25:26PM -0400, Harry Putnam wrote:
>>
>> I've set up sendmail many times in linux env.  Usually with quite a
>> lot of help from maillists etc.  But have some idea how to do that.
>>
>> The extremely brief sendmail.mc on stock install and update to 151_a9
>> leaves me pondering how to add the things I need to get it working.
>
> The Oracle documents for sendmail on Solaris 11 should cover
> everything you need to configure sendmail on OI.  I can send you some
> sendmail.mc files that I use, but I'd recommend you try the Oracle
> site first.  Their documents are free to use.

I prowled a few oracle docs on sendmail before posting and found the
two I looked at to be considerably less than useful.

Navigating oracle solaris docs is not so easily done... at least not
in my experience.

However, with your prompting I dug around some more and found some
really helpful stuff like:
  http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37670_01/E41138/html/ch15s06.html

which has some nice detailed information.

You mentioned docs for solaris 11.  How do I know when I'm looking at
solaris 11 and not something a bit older?