[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sendmail on oi 151_a9

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Mon Oct 13 17:05:24 UTC 2014

On 10/13/14 08:30 AM, Harry Putnam wrote:
> You mentioned docs for solaris 11.  How do I know when I'm looking at
> solaris 11 and not something a bit older?

Solaris 11 docs have a new style with "Oracle Solaris 11 Information Library"
(or whatever release version) clearly visible in the top bar, such as on:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/html/E24456/glrcj.html

The starting point for the latest docs, for Solaris 11.2, is:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E36784_01/index.html

If you instead get a document with the older style that doesn't list the
version, such as:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19253-01/817-1985/saroadmap-1/index.html
then you're in older docs, from an pre-Solaris 11 release (possibly one
of the Solaris Express or OpenSolaris interim releases though).

If you strip the URL down to the E..../ level, you should see the top level
docs page for that release - i.e. http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19253-01/ or
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/ to help see what release it was for.

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com