[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sendmail on oi 151_a9

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Tue Oct 14 20:49:19 UTC 2014

Gary Mills <gary_mills at fastmail.fm> writes:

[...]

> That's my mail server!  Are you using it too?

Hehe.  When I saw you sample *mc, I thought you had inserted it for me
so I wouldn't foul it up.  It occurred to me that it might also be
your server.... but I thought nah... to unlikely.

Yes, fastmail is my server.  I've been using it for a couple of years
now.

Just a sort of ineresting aside: I also have mail accounts at newsguy
since about '96.. back when it was still called zippo news.. (Before
the famous Zippo cigarette lighter com.  Sued them and made them quit
using the `zippo' name). Most of us users thought the name they came
up with was almost too silly (newsguy)

> You have to create the database by hand, from the file you created.
> The /etc/mail/cf/README describes this:

Yes, I knew that part... and have tried a few things now with access.

Still not working though.  It runs up to the point where data is to be
injected and stops... apparently auth is not working yet... here is
the smtp output posted again for your convenience.  You've seen the
*.mc the access and smtp output..: Can you make a guess out of it.

harry > reader at jtan.com... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay...
220 oih.local.lan ESMTP Sendmail 8.14.4+Sun/8.14.4; Tue, 14 Oct 2014 15:06:01 -0400 (EDT)
>>> EHLO oih.local.lan
250-oih.local.lan Hello oih [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-PIPELINING
250-EXPN
250-VERB
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE
250-DSN
250-ETRN
250-AUTH GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5
250-DELIVERBY
250 HELP
>>> VERB
250 2.0.0 Verbose mode
250 2.1.0 <harry at oih.local.lan>... Sender ok
>>> RCPT To:<reader at jtan.com>
>>> DATA
250 2.1.5 <reader at jtan.com>... Recipient ok
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself