[OpenIndiana-discuss] About moving to hipster

openindiana at out-side.nl openindiana at out-side.nl
Thu Oct 16 09:06:15 UTC 2014

"if it ain't broke, improve it "

;-)

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Harry Putnam [mailto:reader at newsguy.com]
Verzonden: donderdag 16 oktober 2014 10:40
Aan: openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org
Onderwerp: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] About moving to hipster

Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru> writes:

> Hi, Harry.
>
> Harry Putnam писал 15.10.2014 23:51:
>
>> It may be best to wait until I post about what I think may be a
>> sendmail pkg bug and get some help in determining if it is really a
>> bug.
>>
>> Please watch for post... Subject: Sendmail is the pkg buggy?
>

> Sendmail is a part of illumos-gate. Updating it in gate can be worth
> doing.
> If you are interested, ask on developer at lists.illumos.org. The sources
> are in usr/src/cmd/sendmail/ .

My sendmail problems turned out to be based on a really dimwitted error.  I managed to misspell something in a way that should have been absolutely glaringly obvious.

   define(`SMART_host', `mail.DOMAIN.com')dnl

Jesus, with uppercase just to the left, I still allowed an incorrect
(lowercase) spelling of `HOST' to lie there causing trouble for quite some time.

But still the illumos-gate sources must be a bit out of date and need to be brought up a bit.

The version in latest iso for hipster is 8.14.4 which was released in 2009.