[OpenIndiana-discuss] passwd command not update smbpasswd file in 151a9

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Thu Sep 4 09:21:45 UTC 2014

On 04/09/2014 11:15, Dang Zhiqiang wrote:
> thank you.
> I used smb share by "zfs set sharesmb=on tank/test", not want to modify samba configure file.
> only add "other password required pam_smb_passwd.so.1 nowarn" is OK?
>
> currently, I not found other questions.

Yes, but you need to enable users with 'smbadm enable-user <username>'
to activate that passwords are taken from /etc/shadow. Note, no Samba is
involved here at all, so none of its configs and passwrd files are active,
nor should there be any samba program running, only the Solaris smb daemons
activated via svcadm for smb/server, smb/client; samba DISABLED.