[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenSXCE

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 16 19:24:41 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am not really following every detail of the OpenSXCE debate but I would
like to say that we are definitely a very small community and we cannot
afford to lose anyone who can contribute to the development of the operating
system and the desktop environment. In addition, since we are a really small
community it makes no sense to have many different distributions. This
fragments the community and so we lose energy that could be used to

provide drivers etc. For example, we still do not have a driver for
USB3 devices, we cannot use the ATI drivers since kernel mode setting
is not there, yet... And instead of fighting about nonsense, we should
create at least two groups to port and maintain OpenOffice (it works partially)

andChrome and why not Firefox (we cannot rely on Oracle to compile it with
their outdated compiler!).

Best regards,

A.S.