[OpenIndiana-discuss] nfs oi server - linux clients

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Tue Sep 16 23:35:26 UTC 2014

Hugh McIntyre <lists at mcintyreweb.com> writes:

> Hi Harry,
>
> It's possible you have somehow mounted the filesystem locally with
> noexec (unlikely, but you can check with "mount | grep /projects/dv"
> and make sure noexec is not in the options).

Host naming convention for clarity
solsrv is my oi server
lincli is the linux client

Before going on with all the rest... there IS a NOEXEC option set.
Where would that setting be coming from?

Oh, and you mentioned to test `touch file':
You may notice that my OP reports that r/w is working (both ways)

mount |grep dv

solsrv.local.lan:/projects/dv on /nfs/projects/dv type nfs4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,vers=4.0,rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,namlen=255,hard,proto=tcp,port=0,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,clientaddr=10.0.0.27,local_lock=none,addr=10.0.0.8)

Where is that getting set?  Far as I recall, I have not made any
settings that would do that.  Not on lincli or solsrv

Additional info:

During my preparations for nfs I did ensure that my users shared uid
and gid.

I haven't investigated the rest of your suggestions, so back to work