[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenSXCE

Martin Bochnig martin at martux.org
Fri Sep 19 06:15:24 UTC 2014

Dave Koelmeyer dave.koelmeyer at davekoelmeyer.co.nz
Thu Sep 18 07:54:38 UTC 2014
wrote:

http://openindiana.org/pipermail/openindiana-discuss/2014-September/016425.html

"""""

So much of what he's posting is /so far wide/ of what's acceptable,
relevant, or appropriate I can only reasonably conclude you haven't read
any of it.

What I don't need is some meandering post on how "we" should handle
differences of opinion. What I would like, and speaking in agreement
with Dave above, is for the list moderator or administrator - if indeed
there is one - to consider further discussion of OpenSXCE formally
off-topic, except in the specific circumstances summarised by Dave, that
is, /"features that would be worth re-engineering for OpenIndiana//"/.

--
Dave Koelmeyer
http://blog.davekoelmeyer.co.nz"""""

You still didn't answer any of my questions.
And here are some more:

#0.) What do you think gives you the right, to speak for the overall
OI (or even OpenSolaris) community, especially in order EXCLUDE A
CONTRIBUTOR from it!??

#1.) What have you ever contributed?

#2.) What's your OpenSolaris CA number?

#3.) Had you been Core Contributor or at least Contributor, during the
good old times, and if yes, which group provided this grant?

#4.) What's your Distro?

#5.) What have you done for Xorg (x86/x64/sun4u/sun4v)?

#6.) Let alone" ... for SPARC

You know, in the past I did provide src, from 2006 till 2009.
Before that I was Blastwave member and did some other projects, such
as porting qemu to SPARC hosts, together with Juergen Keil.
The src went upstream into qemu (under Ben Taylor's name, as he
uploaded my patches).
CSWqemu is also still part of the CSW repository until this day
(nobody after me created a newer CSWqemu version).

And I almost begged to donate everything which is now known as OpenSXCE into OI.
And in fact I was the one who did relabel MartUX as
SPARC-MartUX-OpenIndiana for a short time (originally the neutral name
"SPARC-OPenIndiana" was planned, until Alasdair quit his post as
team-leader, without having contacted me, as I described repeatedly).

Here you see the videos I created, and by doing so plus an extra
facebook account I made even more PR for OI and Illumos:

Illumos based MartUX OpenIndiana on Oracle Sun Blade 1500 Silver boots
into openXsun X11 and JDS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYKH1_BB0QE

Illumos based MartUX OpenIndiana Edition on Sun Oracle Enterprise
T1000 boots and shuts down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc-0uTt9q_M

The reason why I then renamed it back to OpenSXCE was simply the
reaction to the way in which "persons" like you have dealt with me.
Also let me remind you of the following again:

http://opensxce.blogspot.de/2014/04/flash-pugin-112202223-in-ff12-mystery.html

Here a few facts:

OpenSXCE is not by any means based on OI or derived from OI.
Its first version ran on SPARC and was publishen in April 2006.
The
 first x86 version came shortly after in July 2006, and ran on IA32 and
in 64bit mode on x64. It was the first ever non-Sun distro to support a
64bit Xorg on x86 (as I ported the aperture driver, see the archives).
Back at the time xsvc was not yet open-src and while aperture was,
SchilliX, BeleniX and Nexenta didn't get it to work on amd64 (as of
summer 2006).

These facts can be verified worl- and www-wide, only a few links:
http://my.safaribooksonline.com/book/databases/solaris/9780470385487/installing-opensolaris/martux

http://www.guug.de/veranstaltungen/osdevcon2007/abstracts.html#4_4_1

http://www.osdevcon.org/2007/slides/marTux___OSDevCon2007.pdf

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stiefkind/409011208/

 was for a long time the first and only one to support Xorg on
SPARC-Solaris, to offer some basic distro/LiveDVD for SPARC etc etc etc.
 Even Sun themselves did not have either (as "OpenSolaris"/"Indiana")
before 2009.

And all this happened, BEFORE IPS-dictatorship,
before the destruction of the OpenSolaris community in late 2007, before
 Ian Murdock stole Moinak Ghosh's BeleniX and rebranded it as "IndiANa"
(IAN), before even Caiman was coded etc. There was no Illumos, no OI and
 not even Indiana.

NOW PLEASE TELL ME: WHY(?????) should I try another time "if I may
please please join them"?

You
 know what, in 2012 embedded all the OI logos into MartUX and promised
to drop the name MartUX for fully getting absorbed by them. I worked
more than 2 months for creating the initial SPARC-OpenIndiana LiveDVD
(see the OI archives, and e.g. these videos:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sparc+martux+openindiana

Here a graphical gallery of the OpenSXCE x86/x64 and sun4u sun4v Gnome GUI:

OpenSXCE 2013.05 x86 && x64 Screenshots
OpenSXCE

https://www.flickr.com/photos/96825400@N05/sets/72157633874850547/

NOW, BACK TO YOU: WHO THE xxx ARE YOU?
What have you contributed (not to your career or private pocket, but
to OI's code base)?

On http://blog.davekoelmeyer.co.nz/ I hardly find very much.
And http://nz.linkedin.com/pub/dave-koelmeyer/67/309/bb shows that you
preferred to make career, instead of creating a distro from scratch!

This again lets me ask you, WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO EXCLUDE ME?????

You wrote (again nothing technical, nor very useful), PLUS :

"""""What I would like, and speaking in agreement
with Dave above, is for the list moderator or administrator - if indeed
there is one - to consider further discussion of OpenSXCE formally
off-topic, except in the specific circumstances summarised by Dave, that
is, /"features that would be worth re-engineering for OpenIndiana//"/."""""

Do I understand you correctly?
You want to steal from me, but at the same time not only attempt to
deal with me like with a criminal, but even dare to block me from this
list??

Again: Do you have problems?

I _ensure_ you, that OI will never get a single line of my code,
simply because I want to prevent you (and a few other snobs on this
list, but really only the minority) from ever benefiting from my
dedication.
Even if this means that I need to EOL OpenSXCE: You (and the few other
such unfriendly bighmouths) will definitely NEVER get anything from
me.
And yes: This also affects you as x86/x64 user.

I would like to thank all of my friends (the majority of the OI list
subscribers).
Especially those, who take the time to read and think, before hitting [SEND].

Special thanks to Nikola(!) , Joerg Schilling, Ken Mays, Jim, Peter
and Andreas, and all other dear OpenSXCE fans.

Because unlike you these friends, coders, contributors, engineers
don't simply pollute the list with unjustified rants, but know the
code, and therefore also know a bit more about the truthlessness of
your baseless claims about me:

Such as:

http://openindiana.org/pipermail/oi-dev/2014-September/003369.html

Proletarians of all countries UNITE!