[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenSXCE/SPARC: It was a mistake to keep the site online.

G B g_patrickb at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 15:05:27 UTC 2014

Too much for an operating system technical discussion.   How sad OI has devolved into this.

Theo was removed from his commit privileges to NetBSD for being rude to other developers and users, yet OI won't remove someone from a mailing list for irrational behavior?

On Tuesday, September 23, 2014 8:01 AM, Nikola M. <minikola at gmail.com> wrote:

On 09/23/14 01:56 PM, Laurent Blume wrote:

> Obviously, you don't know Martin. I've refrained from intervening in
> those threads for what, more than one year now? Just because I also
> hoped it would stop. It hasn't.
I think everyone refrained from answering actually. So what.

> I don't want THIS discussion to be stopped. I would have liked it
> stated that none will happen again.
>
> But it is okay, I'm not willing to hide behind anybody, I'll kick the
> one person I can kick out of this list.
No-one would need to be put off the list for personal preferences.
That is just wrong.

I think we made a progress here, and if you think you should not see
someone's posts,
_use your freaking mail client filter_.

Someone thinking of kicking people around should reconsider he's own
behavior.

That said, I think this manhunt should stop now.