[OpenIndiana-discuss] [developer] 4174 - Removal of Sun DHCP server from gate

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Wed Sep 24 17:52:43 UTC 2014

On Wed, 24 Sep 2014, Alexander Pyhalov via illumos-developer wrote:

> On 09/24/2014 21:27, Bart Coddens via illumos-developer wrote:
>> What do you think guys ?
>> Push for RTI ?
>>

> Hello.
>
> As it in any case has stopped working at recent illumos builds and nobody
> volunteered to fix it I don't see reasons to keep it in its current state.
>
> I know that SRSS works with it, but it also can be configured with ISC DHCP
> server.

Is there an ISC DHCP server package included in the last OpenIndiana
release (a8/a9 and not "hipster")?  OpenIndiana SFE no longer seems to
be supported so if it was provided via OpenIndiana SFE then that can't
be considered.

I use Sun DHCP on a Solaris 10 system and lack of stable support for
DHCP service in OpenIndiana (e.g. claims of not working and going
"poof") is cause for concern when one thinks about transitioning.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn