[OpenIndiana-discuss] Bash bug issue

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Thu Sep 25 11:45:52 UTC 2014

On 09/25/2014 15:31, Carl Brewer wrote:

> I wonder, I've tried in the past to bump this box to 151a9 but had
> problems with messy pkg errors that I didn't have the time to sort out -
> how stable is hipster these days?  Stable enough to run a LAN server
> with a couple of Virtualbox VM's on it?

Honestly, I don't know :)
Usually if something is broken, it's desktop-related soft (as it's
harder to test thoroughly). I think that in the nearest future Sun DHCP
server will be removed from illumos-gate (and our users will immediately
see this).
I run several test VMs and  VMs which I use in my courses (VirtualBox,
VMware and KVM guests, but no OI host). There was no anything completely
catastrophic. However, sometimes some issues appear (don't know if /dev
has them). I think, you can try. Note, that dev => hipster updates are
not supported now. The best way to install is to use install CDs:
http://dlc.openindiana.org/isos/hipster/.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,