[OpenIndiana-discuss] Bash bug issue

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Thu Sep 25 17:18:33 UTC 2014

I believe we mostly skirt the issue because, unlike Linux, the default
shell (/bin/sh) is ksh93 not bash.  This means that under normal
conditions we shouldn't have an issue.  Only if your cgi scripts
actually request bash will apache be a problem.  As for ssh, it depends
upon the login shell for the user.