[OpenIndiana-discuss] ashift 13?

Jason Matthews jason at broken.net
Tue Apr 7 20:13:48 UTC 2015

Well, the inflation is definitely caused by using 8k sectors. Sending
that same snapshot back to a pool configured for 512b reduces its
utilization to 200gb

data/zones/shard035b.apsalar.com/postgres        used      202G   -

That is frustrating. I just launched 64 slaves with pools set for 8k
secords. It seems to cost twice as much storage to operate with native
write sizes. That just doesnt make sense to me (yet).

I wonder what 4k write sizes look like. Let's find out.