[OpenIndiana-discuss] ashift 13?

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Wed Apr 8 08:45:28 UTC 2015

> On 4/7/2015 1:13 PM, Jason Matthews wrote:
> >
> > I wonder what 4k write sizes look like. Let's find out.
>
> The results are in. 4k sectors consume 302G for this data set.
>
> 512b  202GB
> 4KB    302GB
> 8KB    474GB

Wow.  That is quite... shocking.  Thanks for measuring this.
We try to standardize on 4k here.  Maybe we have to reconsider.

Is there anything special about your data?  Lots of files with
size 4097? :-)

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"