[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster upgrade 18-feb-2015

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 07:46:23 UTC 2015

On 03/26/15 01:38 PM, Jonathan Adams wrote:
> I got fed up one evening, and then I remembered working with Intel on my
> old Solaris 10 desktop, and needing to set the resolution with
> "915resolution" ...
>
> I went back to my old files and found it, downloaded the "newer" version
> from 2007, made some changes to it and got a working 915resolution for
> Illumos that allows the modes to be set.
>
> I then de-installed the intel driver from hipster, set the resolution and
> have vesa working at 1280x800.
>
> obviously not the perfect answer, but since the hardware acceleration on
> the old intel driver (on the old intel card) wasn't the best, I have a
> working, updated version of OI on my laptop, with no sticky's.
>
> Jon

Hi, I'd like to use 915resolution to get past 1024x768 on VESA/intel.

I found some sources (http://915resolution.mango-lang.org/download.html)
but I doubt it would work unchanged.
What you changed in 915resolution, so 915resolutiion could be included
in OI maybe?

Sticking to old X and intel was disabled anyway by compilation of
Hipster, depending on x11 libraries inside newer X incorporation, so
most applications can't install without newer X...

I think that intel driver should help with speed and video etc,
I see that Oracle provided