[OpenIndiana-discuss] thunderbird 31.6.0 + /hipster-2015 = coredump

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 11:42:34 UTC 2015

On 04/20/15 04:24 PM, Fred Kimball via openindiana-discuss wrote:
>> On Thursday, April 16, 2015 2:34 PM, Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru> wrote:
>> Hello.
>> I know the issue is present in our TB, didn't know that tarball from
>> Mozilla site is also affected.
>> It's in my TODO list (#2), and #1 is pulseaudio, which is required for
>> fresh TB.
>>
>> ---
>> System Administrator of Southern Federal University Computer Center
> I had been updating Hipster with X-incorporation and xorg-video-intel frozen through 2015.0.1.15003. My 2015.0.1.15022 BE is with the Xorg update and have experienced this with Tb and Fx 31.6.0 tarballs and also tried Fx 31.5.0. Clicking on a file link that requires the file to be saved brings up the window that says "Enter name of file to be saved to..." which stays gray and Fx quits.

As workaround, try installing FlashGot firefox addon and select
wget/curl to download and set it to intercept every download.
It also crash when you try to select folder where to save, so you don't
but download to where Flashgot is set up.
It used to work in 20141010 and updates to hipster-2015 afterwards, but
some recent changes borked it.

One more reason to have exact _version numbers_ in hipster, (entire) so
at any time one can update to exact point of hipster-time, to see what
change screwed what.

Here are my recent core files for
Firefox, Thunderbird, Firefox from Hipster , file-roller (Archive
manager) and Nautilus (file manager)
from Hipster in 20150421. (Even after recent hipster-2015 changes i can
now log into my profile)
https://mega.co.nz/#F!aQgkVRCQ!Mwowjx4LQ99qTcIXa9I72Q

Use 20141010 ISO folks if you want to use it.

(Btw, I did fresh install inside VirtualBox and then zfs send/zfs
receive it to keep existing BE's on disk. One makes new BE by doing
'beadm create newbename' and then 'beadm mount newbename /mnt' and
deleting new BE contents in /mnt' , and after that with zfs list you get
idea where to put new install from VBox with zfs receive. Also do
install in VBox with alternate username and do zfs send user dir also,
so you can log into new BE")