[OpenIndiana-discuss] Gzip/gtar problem on OpenIndiana (and windows) but no problemo on a Ubuntu PC???

Hans J. Albertsson hans.j.albertsson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 11:05:04 UTC 2015

I've got this Freenas 9.3 box (a HP N54L with 5 WD Red 4TB disks), and I
just ran the builtin Performance Test from the Web Admin GUI.

It starts an IOzone run ( a simple one) and finally offers you to
download a results file in gzipped tar format.

If I do this from an Ubuntu 14.10 box, a short text file is found inside
that gzipped archive, but OpenIndiana (or Windows 8.1) says it's not a
gzipped file.

What could be the reason for that????