[OpenIndiana-discuss] recommendation for a distribuition to run Virtualbox on?

DraganFOSS dragan at trios.rs
Wed Apr 22 11:18:34 UTC 2015

On 04/22/15 12:54 PM, Carl Brewer wrote:
> Thanks, I'll have a look.  Do you know if it can run Virtualbox?

Hi Carl,
VBox on my OI Hipster works without problems (except lack of USB support
in guests, but this is another story..)
I also tried the beta 5.0 version, but for now there are too many bugs,
so I went back to the latest stable..

snip>
----------
The Illumos Project     SunOS 5.11      illumos-b01b59e April 2015
dragan at dragan_oi:~$ pkg info system/kernel
           Name: system/kernel
architecture
       Category: System/Core
          State: Installed
      Publisher: openindiana.org
        Version: 0.5.11
         Branch: 2015.0.1.15026
Packaging Date: April 18, 2015 01:15:50 PM
           Size: 41.99 MB
           FMRI:
pkg://openindiana.org/system/kernel@0.5.11-2015.0.1.15026:20150418T131550Z
dragan at dragan_oi:~$ pkginfo SUNWvbox
application SUNWvbox Oracle VM VirtualBox
dragan at dragan_oi:~$ pkginfo -i -l  SUNWvbox
    PKGINST:  SUNWvbox
       NAME:  Oracle VM VirtualBox
   CATEGORY:  application
       ARCH:  i386
    VERSION:  4.3.26,REV=2015.03.16.18.37.98988
    BASEDIR:  /
     VENDOR:  Oracle Corporation
       DESC:  A powerful PC virtualization solution
     PSTAMP:  vbox20150316183728_r98988
   INSTDATE:  Apr 09 2015 19:02
    HOTLINE:  Please contact your local service provider
      EMAIL:  info at virtualbox.org
     STATUS:  completely installed
      FILES:      344 installed pathnames
                   11 linked files