[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hard shutdown now no boot

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sat Aug 8 22:02:38 UTC 2015

Lou Picciano <loupicciano at comcast.net> writes:

> As a start: Once in grub, edit boot line to 'text mode' and
> verbose. This will get you a bit down the road toward diagnosis.
>
> Lou Picciano

I don't seem to be getting far trying above.  Probably due to not
really understanding what you mean.

On Grub initial screen I pressed `e' while on last item.  That takes
me to next screen posted here:
  http://zeus.jtan.com:/~reader/vu/disp.cgi

Top image is initial screen; I pressed `e' on last item
That brought bottom image up where I pressed `e' and added
textmode,verbose on each line where you see a green dot. (in rotation)
Then hit 'enter' / 'b'  each time.... none of the edits appears to induce text
mode or add any extra verbosity... It just shows the same graphic and
when it begins to turn red... goes to reboot

I tried using '[...],textmode,verbose' (Note commas')
and without   '[...] textmode verbose' (Note NO commas')