[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hard shutdown now no boot

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Sat Aug 8 22:38:16 UTC 2015

On 8/8/2015 6:02 PM, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Top image is initial screen; I pressed `e' on last item
> That brought bottom image up where I pressed `e' and added
> textmode,verbose on each line where you see a green dot. (in rotation)

The flags make sense only on the "kernel$" line.  And I think you want
to have "-m textmode,verbose" -- the "-m" tells the kernel to pass the
flags along to SMF.  Here's a blog posting from a few years ago that
discusses this:

http://lserinol.blogspot.com/2009/02/booting-opensolaris-in-verbose-mode.html