[OpenIndiana-discuss] Solaris10 Guest on illumos KVM

Carsten Grzemba grzemba at contac-dt.de
Mon Aug 31 08:01:13 UTC 2015

I have Intel i7 and 8GB RAM.
$ isainfo -v
64-bit amd64 applications
 avx2 fma bmi2 bmi1 rdrand f16c vmx avx xsave pclmulqdq aes movbe
 sse4.2 sse4.1 ssse3 popcnt tscp cx16 sse3 sse2 sse fxsr mmx cmov
 amd_sysc cx8 tsc fpu
32-bit i386 applications
 avx2 fma bmi2 bmi1 rdrand f16c vmx avx xsave pclmulqdq aes movbe
 sse4.2 sse4.1 ssse3 popcnt tscp ahf cx16 sse3 sse2 sse fxsr mmx
 cmov sep cx8 tsc fpu
My problem is,
- that the first Solaris boot for install already hangs after the Copyright notice, if I don't use no-kvm options
- with -no-kvm-irqchip it boots and installs but fails on zfs rpool (IO Error on zfs create)