[OpenIndiana-discuss] Posting inline

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 13 02:46:02 UTC 2015

Nikola,

First of all, I do not understand what you are trying to say.    I suggest that taking more care in your expression would help.  None of the other respondents seem to have agreed on your intended meaning, so I don't think I'm alone.

I started the SSD swap  thread using "compose".  In all subsequent instances I used "reply" in the yahoo web interface.  Since you quoted my text I assume you meant that I had failed to use "reply".  That is definitely NOT the case. It also seems quite improbable to me that anyone responded to the thread by any means other than "reply" in whatever mail system they are using.

I would like to suggest that there just might be a bug in the archive software if  posts did not show up properly in the thread hierarchy.  It might also be some pathology among MTAs which is confusing the archive software.

Every mail system seems to be handling line wraps  and quoting differently. Yahoo is maddeningly flaky.  But I found gmail to be even more annoying.  I dislike "top posting" but I'm not willing to reformat every email to which I respond.  If you have the authority and wish to ban me, please feel free to post an announcement that I am banned and why.

In any event, I am baffled why you find any of this "obstruction".

Reg