[OpenIndiana-discuss] Posting inline

Ian Collins ian at ianshome.com
Sun Dec 13 03:03:02 UTC 2015

Reginald Beardsley via openindiana-discuss wrote:
> Nikola,
 >
 > First of all, I do not understand what you are trying to say. I
 > suggest that taking more care in your expression would help. None of
 > the other respondents seem to have agreed on your intended meaning,
 > so I don't think I'm alone.

His gripe is twofold:

1) Some poster's messages (including yours) appear as replies to the
original post in a thread, not to the actual message being replied to.
This completely disrupts the flow of a thread.

2) A general dislike of top-posting, which, to a lesser extent, also
disrupts the flow of a thread.

Both of these appear to be due to incorrectly configured mail clients.
The second may be a matter of (bad!) taste.  The first, being uncommon,
is more than likely a problem with the client.  As the oft quotes Usenet
adage says: