[OpenIndiana-discuss] ACL problem

Guenther Alka alka at hfg-gmuend.de
Sun Dec 13 18:17:16 UTC 2015

 From outside view and with some restrictions due ZFS beeing a Unix
filesystem, OI with the Sun CIFS server behaves like a Windows 2003
server with NTFS. No way to go around as this was the prime development
idea.

This is different to SAMBA with the idea of allowing SMB access to a
Linux/ Unix server where their concepts based on uid/gid and Unix
permissions stay intact - even with (Posix) ACL.