[OpenIndiana-discuss] Posting inline

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 18:23:51 UTC 2015

On 12/13/15 12:52 PM, Jerry Kemp wrote:
> Hello Robert,
>
> Interesting concern.
>
> And I'm not voting against your issue, but I am wondering out loud how
> many blind & visually impaired OpenIndiana users we have here?

I don't think that nuber of such users is some important information,
they should be supported and contributions to OI should take into
account their needs
if at least there are any of them around.

> Even from that experience, as long as things remain readable via ASCII
> text, I wouldn't think that accessibility would be an issue, unless
> you are aware of something that would now make it an issue.

I actually don't have an idea how things are going on for those user on
OI, aether on CLI or GUI side.
Posting bugs and having blind/bad sigted people as testers and bug
reporters could be valuable.
(and yes, IRC chatting on #openindiana on Freenode or elsewhere is fun)

Personally, i was always imagining that being UNIX admin from CLI is
nice job position for a blind, correct me if I am wroung. (was even
thinking of going to some clubs for local blind people, advocating such
job repositioning)