[OpenIndiana-discuss] pkg update

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 22:00:57 UTC 2015

On 12/16/15 09:30 PM, cpforum wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> Under hipster you don't no what really do a pkg update because most software is recompiled everyday.
> To know what pkgs are really updated by pkg update try my litlle script :

As I know, one can do

pkg update -v > updatelog-number.txt

where there is descibed what packages are updated or removed.

As Boot Environment (BE) name increments by one number, numbering
updatelog with the number of next BE so I have log what is done. Isn't
that enough?

Btw, there is also userland-incorporation, so one can downgrade package
in case it is needed.