[OpenIndiana-discuss] pkg update

cpforum cpforum at orange.fr
Thu Dec 17 07:33:54 UTC 2015

pkg update -nv give the list of updated package. The problem is that most of them are just recompiled without changing code.

For example the following package is just recompiled

system/network
0.5.11-2015.0.2.15412 -> 0.5.11-2015.0.2.15420

The last number 15412 goes to 15420 => the package is just recompiled (and they are every day).
If 0.2 changed to 0.3 I think the code changed.

 The purpose of the script is to compare version without suffix.

If the version number without suffix differs the script display the package (same package is not displayed).
So you know exactly what packages have changed since last pkg update.