[OpenIndiana-discuss] The mailing list is dead

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Tue Dec 22 14:46:14 UTC 2015

On 12/18/15 11:46, Jason Matthews wrote:

>> On Dec 15, 2015, at 2:49 PM, Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us> wrote:
>
> I run my own mail server on postfix, dovecot, sasl, spam assassin, razor, procmail, and I don't even remember what else is in the spam portion of the stack.

Decent config; I just tried Dovecot and I think it's substantially
better than the current Cyrus IMAP -- which no longer really supports
mbox format and seems to demand nasty hacks for local delivery.

By "razor," I'm guessing you mean Vipul's Razor.  That seems like a dead
project, and I'm not sure how well it works.  Have you tried DCC
instead?  I've had very good luck with it:

http://www.rhyolite.com/dcc/

It's a live project, well maintained, and seems to do a good job
detecting bulk email without too much fuss.  I ran it for a while with
greylisting enabled, and although it was *very* effective in that mode,
the delays caused by lame peers were too annoying.