[OpenIndiana-discuss] 64 bit Firefox

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sat Feb 7 16:37:28 UTC 2015

On 02/ 7/15 06:57 AM, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
> Don't let me put you off, but I'm just wondering what problem it solves?
It makes sure you can never accidentally load a binary plugin, even if a user
stashed an old copy of Flash in their home directory, since they're only
produced for 32-bit Firefox, so you don't have to worry about the security
holes in them.

Of course, there's always the general benefits, such as those listed on:
https://blogs.oracle.com/alanc/entry/lp64_bit_by_bit#lp64-abi-changes
but there's not much special to Firefox in that list.

	-alan-