[OpenIndiana-discuss] HP Proliant Microserver N54L Upgrade

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 13 13:21:43 UTC 2015

David,
Get an external USB 2.0 4TB drive for under $130.Use it to offload internal storage.Easy, portable, cheap.
~ Ken

     On Thursday, February 12, 2015 2:37 AM, david allan finch <david.allan at finch.org> wrote:

 Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what to do for an upgrade?

I have a HP Proliant Microserver N54L with 4x 2Tb drives which I have been happy with for more than a year but I have started to run out of disk space in my zfs pool. I have been pruning the snapshots and rubbish but filling it up now is inevitable.

What I would really like to do is to swap the disks out for larger one but I doubt that this is really practical as to make this work you need spare disk slots which I don't have.

Another option might be to add a SATA card and add more disk that way. But I have no idea of where to start with this, and even if this microserver can do that.

And a third is just to get a new server. I can't see any which have more than 4 drive bays do these exist (for reasonable money) or do you need to make your own? If so anyone got a recommendation?

Thanks