[OpenIndiana-discuss] HP Proliant Microserver N54L Upgrade

Marion Hakanson hakansom at ohsu.edu
Fri Feb 13 19:08:01 UTC 2015

ken mays via openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org said:
> David, Get an external USB 2.0 4TB drive for under $130.Use it to offload
> internal storage.Easy, portable, cheap. ~ Ken

Has anyone out there actually got a drive > 2TB working via USB on
an illumos distribution?  My attempts so far have failed (oi151a7, oi151a9,
and XStreamOS), with my 3TB drive in a USB-SATA enclosure appearing as
a 2TB drive.  The same drive/enclosure works perfectly when attached
to MacOS-X via USB, and the same drive/enclosure works fine when attached
by its eSATA connection to my illumos-based systems.

https://www.mail-archive.com/discuss@lists.illumos.org.email.enqueue.archive.li
stbox.com/msg00499.html

Regards,

Marion