[OpenIndiana-discuss] NFS Automount from FreeNAS Server

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 12:12:23 UTC 2015

I have an OpenIndiana laptop, it's running a copy of OpenLDAP as a replica
of an OpenLDAP on our work server (syncs whenever it connects) ... and it
uses this OpenLDAP database to power it's automount. (not sure if this is
of any relevance, but included for completeness)

I've been using this system for years in this configuration, but recently
some of our users had their home directories moved from a Solaris 10 server
to a FreeNAS server.  I noticed that I couldn't access their home
directories using the automounted "/home" directory, it comes up
"permission denied".  I can however access the users home directory if I
hard mount as root.

Our Solaris 10 servers have no trouble accessing the automounted
directories, our Linux laptops have no issue either ...

Does anyone else have issues like this, or know of any checks that I can
perform to see if I can find the fault?

Ta

Jon