[OpenIndiana-discuss] NFS Automount from FreeNAS Server

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 12:40:54 UTC 2015

This sounds like the NFS Settings in the LDAP differ from those you used to mount the share manually.
NFS version 4's LDAP Access and NFS version 3's rootsquash option can prevent root from having access to other Users Homes.
FreeNas has some security Settings inplace to forbid root to access other Users homes.
It May be that the solaris 10 servers and the Linux Laptops still use nfs3 and thus dont have those Security Measures inplace.
Or dont have rootsquash in their default configs.

If you need more help, I would need to know the Options NFS Client Uses to mount the shares.

Greetings Till