[OpenIndiana-discuss] NFS Automount from FreeNAS Server

Predrag Zecevic [Unix Systems Administrator] Predrag.Zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Wed Feb 18 13:13:52 UTC 2015

Hi,

not sure if it is relevant, but in Solaris user home dirs were on /export/home while /home was reserved for automounter.

Not knowing FreeNAS (but some Linux systems), /home is location of user home dirs.
Maybe problem solution can be looked in that direction?

Regards.

On 02/18/15 01:12 PM, Jonathan Adams wrote:
> I have an OpenIndiana laptop, it's running a copy of OpenLDAP as a replica
> of an OpenLDAP on our work server (syncs whenever it connects) ... and it
> uses this OpenLDAP database to power it's automount. (not sure if this is
> of any relevance, but included for completeness)
>
> I've been using this system for years in this configuration, but recently
> some of our users had their home directories moved from a Solaris 10 server
> to a FreeNAS server.  I noticed that I couldn't access their home
> directories using the automounted "/home" directory, it comes up
> "permission denied".  I can however access the users home directory if I
> hard mount as root.
>
> Our Solaris 10 servers have no trouble accessing the automounted
> directories, our Linux laptops have no issue either ...
>
> Does anyone else have issues like this, or know of any checks that I can
> perform to see if I can find the fault?
>
> Ta
>
> Jon

Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst
2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!