[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to completely disable keyboard shortcuts

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Wed Jan 7 01:24:29 UTC 2015

Michael Schuster <michaelsprivate at gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 1:28 AM, Harry Putnam <reader at newsguy.com> wrote:
>
>> > I'd start with xmodmap (and xev to find out what the keys are doing).
>> >

>> Why would I start there if I want to know if there is some way to
>> disable and keyboard shortcuts set by the gui?
>>
>> Do you know if there is?
>>
> No, I don't - that's why I said "I'd start with xmodmap" :-)
>
> I'm sure there's other ways, somebody just needs to point them out.
>
> regards
> Michael

Turn out it is so painfully obvious how to disable them that even
someone with cement case around there skull SHOULD have spotted it.

Right in the middle of the small dialog box for shortcut work it says:

  `to edit a shortcut key, click on the corresponding row and
  type a new key comboination. Or press backspace to clear'

Sorry for the line noise.  All I needed to do was go thru them all
hittle backspace