[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to completely disable keyboard shortcuts

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jan 7 10:42:51 UTC 2015

Harry Putnam wrote:
> Michael Schuster <michaelsprivate at gmail.com> writes:

>>> Why would I start there if I want to know if there is some way to
>>> disable and keyboard shortcuts set by the gui?
>>>
>>> Do you know if there is?
>>>
>> No, I don't - that's why I said "I'd start with xmodmap" :-)
>>
>> I'm sure there's other ways, somebody just needs to point them out.
>>
>> regards
>> Michael
>
> Turn out it is so painfully obvious how to disable them that even
> someone with cement case around there skull SHOULD have spotted it.
>
> Right in the middle of the small dialog box for shortcut work it says:
>
>    `to edit a shortcut key, click on the corresponding row and
>    type a new key comboination. Or press backspace to clear'

Yes, but for some reason this does not always work for
Shift+F5 when used in gnome-terminal or xterm.
AltGr+Shift+F5 has the expected behavior though.

Comparing the configurations on which Shift+F5 has the
expected behavior and those on which Shift+F5 does nothing
but a very low noise (similar to a screen capture), I suspect
this has something to do with the Nvidia screen driver.